Monday, December 1, 2014

Dear Erin,

Thanksgiving was hard. I really tried to focus on being thankful. Honestly, I did. We went to Bailey and Missy's for dinner. It was nice to do something different. If we had dinner here like we always do your empty chair would have been oh so obvious. Well, when we sat down to dinner and took turns saying what we were thankful for it all fell apart. Most of us said that we were thankful for the food and that we were together at Missy and Bailey's house. The food was very good, all of our favorites and a few new dishes. All I could think was, "we are not all here." And because I did not cook I didn't have all of the leftovers to make turkey pie. I really didn't think I could make it anyway without you here to fight with Tim over whether we had turkey pie or soup first. Yesterday I was at Kroger and I bought an eighteen pound turkey. Which I am going to cook tomorrow. Then I am going to make turkey pie. I don't have any idea who I am going to feed all of this turkey to, and I hope that the pie is not too salty with the tears I expect to shed while rolling out the crust. I promise to put the crust on the bottom and the top, just the way you like it. I will eat an extra large piece for you. And Tim will get his soup eventually.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment