Friday, November 7, 2014

Dear Erin,

We are flying to Orlando this afternoon. Nick, Peyton, Tim and me. I don't want to go without you. This was your adventure. You were so grateful and excited when we received the trip, and you waited almost a year to be able to go. You planned it and hoped like hell that you would feel good enough when the time came. We talked about getting you a motorized wheel chair at Disney because by god you were not going to miss Disneyworld. Now Tim is going in your place and I am trying to be at least a little excited about it. Maybe you planned it for us, so that we could do something fun as a family, shifting our ties to each other and forming a new kind of love between the four of us. I hope that we are able to enjoy this time together in your honor, to show Peyton how much you loved Disney, and help Nick remember the times he spent there with you. I will soak up some sun and gather shells on the beach with the kids, just as you would have. I am taking you with me, tucked in the deepest part of my heart.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment