Friday, October 10, 2014

Dear Erin,

On Saturday Teri texted me and said that she found a white feather on her floor. She said she took it as a sign from you. Later in the day I saw a white feather on the dining room floor. “Wow” I thought. As Bailey and Kimmy and I were looking through pictures for the memorial service we began to laugh hysterically over one picture of you. Then I started crying rather uncontrollably. I looked down and there was a white feather next to my foot. Peyton brought a white feather in from the yard on her first day back to school. She wanted to take it to school for share and tell. Another white feather showed up in the middle of the living room floor this afternoon. I may just be grasping at any evidence that you are still with us, but I believe that they are from your angel wings as you hover near.


Love, Mom

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is feathers from heaven and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise! I know that there are dragonflies that are near whenever there is something important or good old family time. It's my husband Chris and Grandpa Ernie. They are the only ones that visit, but I love seeing the dragonflies (even when we are far far from water). Cherish each of these connections. Much love. Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt, Debbie! She's as close as your next breath.
    Our loved ones are just across the veil. When we talk, they listen. I don't know how I know, yet I have no doubt.

    I love that you are writing to her. Don't be surprised when she visits you, Peyton and Nicholas in your dreams. I feel certain she will be there. I think of you often. Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see white butterflies when I am intent on missing my mother, its always calming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phylis us so very right, it took a while but both of my parents have come to me in dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori - I have dreamed of my parents and a dear friend I lost 25 yrs ago AND all 3 have also visited as I've slept. Dreams are vague but the visits remain clear, vivd and pure!

      Delete