Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dear Erin,

We took you to Lake Michigan today and cast your ashes into the water from the pier in South Haven. Tim and I, Grandpa Al, Nick and Peyton, Bailey and Missy, Kimmy, Todd and Levi were all there. It was a beautiful, warm fall afternoon. The water was calm and there was a slight breeze coming from the southwest. We each tossed a scoop of you into the waves, then Bailey emptied the rest of you from a bag that had Heart of Michigan stamped on the side. I dropped the bag in after you, along with a the picture of you that sat atop the box containing your ashes at the memorial service.

I sat on the edge of the pier crying as I watched your ashes mix with the water, flowing back and forth while the sun shone on you. There truly are no words to describe the pain in my heart, or the overwhelming gratitude for such a beautiful day with our family, playing in the sand. I know how much you love Lake Michigan. Rest in peace and joy, Sweetie Bean.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment