Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dear Erin,

Tomorrow is Halloween and Peyton is going to wear the Elsa costume that you bought for her. I think every little girl on the planet is going to be either Elsa or Anna. It is of course going to be cold and rainy/snowy. Very appropriate for a Frozen themed Halloween I think.

I stayed up past my bedtime tonight making a warm fleece cape for her to wear over her costume. I am sure that the addition of this cape is going to set her apart from every other trick or treating Elsa. Notice that I am following your strict direction to "always dress her in cute clothes."

As I was cutting and sewing I thought back to all the nights I stayed up late sewing, mainly for you and your sisters. Your brother was spared most of my efforts as a seamstress. I spent many happy hours down in that little laundry room, crammed into a corner next to the ever present mountain of dirty clothes, making dresses and coats and bathing suits. I know you loved them in spite of the harassment I get from you and your sisters. I still say the matching lime green shirts and stirrup pants I made for you and Bailey were the cutest thing ever.

As soon as I finished the cape I wanted to show it to you. So here is a picture. I hope you like it. And I hope that Peyton is harassing me about it years from now.

Love, Mom




2 comments:

  1. Awwww.... Such a sweet letter. Please post pictures of Peyton dressed as Elsa. I Haven't seen the Frozen movie yet.

    ReplyDelete