Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dear Erin,

Yesterday was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I can be pretty much okay one minute then I feel as though I am drowning. My heart has been ripped from my chest yet I cannot stop breathing. People talk to me and I am expected to respond but I have nothing to offer. I kept thinking that I should call someone, but I couldn’t find the words to express my unending anguish. The person I really want to call is you. I actually called your phone a couple of days ago and told you how much I miss you.

Today was better. I took Nick to get a new phone, and a winter coat and boots. Peyton is camping out with Papa in the camper for the second night in a row. They invited the rest of us out to sit by their campfire and look at the stars.

I know that there will be many Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days and that I just have to allow the tears to flow as another wave of grief washes over me. I will try to remember that this, too, shall pass.


Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes this human experience feels downright awful... Nothing much to do but as you say, try to remember, this too, shall pass. I promise you will laugh again and it will catch you by surprise. My heart goes out to you.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete