Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dear Erin,

You know how I love to organize things when I feel out of control. It's all about controlling what I can. I always feel better when I can get something in order. Remember when you first got cancer and I organized a huge garage sale to raise money for you? I couldn't cure your cancer but I could put a garage sale together. Organizing is my drug of choice.

Well I have organized the food. I have organized and reorganized the kids clothes and toys. Today I organized all of the bills that have been piling up on my desk for weeks, and actually paid them. I've even considered sorting Nick's Legos by color and size, but that would be really crazy, right? It's not working so well for me this time, though. The sorrow that is with me every minute will not be so easily tricked. I cannot organize my way out of this one. I miss you terribly.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment